Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Role: QA Automation Engineer
Mode: Full-time role
Founded in Hong Kong in early 2017, respond.io is a Messaging CRM that provides businesses with the tools needed to chat with customers across several messaging apps.
At respond.io, our QA engineers are pivotal to our company’s success. We are seeking a persistent, detailed-oriented individual; someone who is interested in gathering facts about software by validating and verifying a piece of software and its relationship with different parts of the system. On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for testing front-end/back-end tasks, developing negative, positive, and regression test cases. You will be well versed in different testing methodologies. The tools that we use include Cypress, Percy, and Postman.
- Support the QA department in the design and development of automation test frameworks and strategies.
- Develop and execute the automation scripts while working closely with the development and product team throughout the software development life cycle.
- Design, write and maintain test plans and test cases based on user/product requirements and prepare test reports.
- Analyze, reproduce and log defects reported by users with great clarity and details.
- Identify and improve gaps in test methodology and coverage.
- Verify the effectiveness of fixes and play an active role in ensuring the quality of the product.
- Explore, develop and implement various test types such as visual, performance, security to increase the capabilities of the QA team and the quality of the product.
- Perform other QA administrative duties as needed.
- At least 3 years of experience in software testing;
- Candidate must have experience doing software automation using tools such as Selenium, Postman, Karate, Rest Assured, Cypress for a minimum of 1 year +;
- Skills in conducting functional, integration, and regression tests are mandatory;
- Experience in web application and API tests;
- Reporting and tracking product defects with issue tracking systems such as JIRA, Trello, HP-ALM, Bugzilla, etc;
- Testing (manual/automation) mobile application such as PWA and/or native apps is an added advantage;
- Knowledge in performance testing with tools such as JMeter, Gatling, or k6.io is a plus;
- Visual testing with tools such as applitools, percy.io is a plus;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and able to work under pressure;
- Strong analytical and technical troubleshooting skills to isolate problem/defect areas;
- Experience in SQL database and web application and native mobile applications QA testing;
- Good communication skills in English with an ability to clearly explain complex ideas verbally and in writing;
- Nimble and agile team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Here's what's in for you
- You will become part of an amazing culture with smart teammates who actually care
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
- Pizza parties, birthday cakes, social events (Laser tag, go-cart, paintball), you'll always be looking forward to it!
- Are you a Play Station fan? It gets fun when you get to beat your colleague on a FIFA game at the office!
- A+ employees deserve to be paid well. You'll get to experience a very competitive compensation
- You'll be covered exclusively on one of the highest medical and dental insurance especially for you
- Unlimited snacks in our specially dedicated snack room. Oreos, KitKats, Gummy Bears, Chips, Biscuits, Nuts, Snickers ... you name it, we have it.
- You'll be entitled to stock options with terms and condition
- Flexible working environment and working hours
- Beer O'Clock on Fridays? Naaah! We have it every day.