Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Role: Accounting Assistant
Mode: Full-time role
Founded in Hong Kong in early 2017, Respond.io is a Messaging CRM that provides businesses with the tools needed to chat with customers across several messaging apps.
At Respond.io, the Accounting Department is pivotal to our company’s success. We are seeking a detailed-oriented individual who can be in charge of bookkeeping for all our subsidiaries, manage all payments and be responsible for other financial-related activities.
- Assist in preparing a full set of accounts including AR, AP & GL, or any other accounting ledgers following proper respective compliance.
- Own end-to-end process of monthly closing and account reconciliation.
- Liaise with the external agent in matters relating to audit, tax, and company secretary where needed
- Maintain and manage data and information on government statutory platforms
- Manage and issue all invoices and payment activities for the company
- Monitor and track claims or expenses per internal policy
- Understand and perform tasks related to payroll management
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders and the HR department where needed
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities for the department when needed
- At least 2 Years of working experience in the audit/accounting field or similar context
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Professional qualification from the recognized bodies (ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, etc) is an added advantage
- Familiarity with using Microsoft and accounting and budgeting software (e.g. Quickbooks Online and Xero).
- Detailed oriented and is proven to be organised
- Ability to provide an explanation, analysis, and recommendation with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong initiatives and drive to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Good communication skills in English with an ability to clearly explain complex ideas verbally and in writing;
- Nimble and agile team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Here's what's in for you
- You will become part of an amazing culture with smart teammates who actually care
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
- Pizza parties, birthday cakes, social events (Laser tag, go-cart, paintball), you'll always be looking forward to it!
- Beer O'Clock on Fridays? Naah, we have it every day!
- Are you a PlayStation fan? It gets fun when you get to beat your colleague on a FIFA game at the office!
- You'll get to experience a very competitive compensation
- You'll be covered exclusively on one of the highest medical and dental insurance especially for you
- Unlimited snacks in our specially dedicated snack room. Oreos, KitKats, Gummy Bears, Chips, Biscuits, Nuts, Snickers ... you name it, we have it.
- You'll be entitled to stock options with terms and condition
- Flexible working environment and working hours