Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Team: Content Department
Role: Technical Writer
Mode: Full-time role
Founded in Hong Kong in early 2017, Respond.io is a Business Messaging platform that unifies customer communication for tech-savvy organizations that market, sell and support across instant messaging, web chat, and email. We are one messaging platform for various use cases like marketing purposes, sales, support, and engineering.
At Respond.io, the Content Team is pivotal to our company’s success. We are looking for a Technical Writer who will be responsible for technical contents of our product, features & offering. This role will require the incumbent to have the ability of being attentive to details and have the curiosity to deep dive into our product and understand how it works. The right candidate will be able to translate their knowledge into technical content for readers.
- Determine the most efficient way to present technical information which can be easily understood by a technical and non technical audience
- Develop and maintain high quality documents and manuals such as Knowledge Base, Online Help and Training Guides and other technical content
- Interview internal and external stakeholders, gather necessary data, and turn their insights into consumable assets
- Work with customer feedback to drive insights into content planning
- Collaborate with writers, designers, video editors, and other creatives to bring your writing to life
- Upload completed content to a content management system (CMS) and organize it using tags, folders, etc.
- 2+ years of experience writing engaging and high-quality B2B technical content
- A strategic, customer-centric and data-driven approach to technical content creation
- A diverse portfolio of technical writing samples — long-form, short-form, high-level, in-depth, etc
- Proven ability to grasp complex concepts and convert them into clear, consumable prose
- Strong editing and proofreading skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working with subject matter experts to create content for multiple demographics
- Experience in or desire to work in a startup environment is an asset
Here's what's in for you
- You will become part of an amazing culture with smart teammates who actually care
- You'll get to experience a very competitive compensation
- You'll be covered exclusively on one of the highest medical and dental insurance, especially for you
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
- You'll be entitled to stock options with terms and conditions
- Flexible working environment and working hours
- Pizza parties, birthday cakes, social events (Laser tag, go-cart, paintball), you'll always be looking forward to it!
- Beer O'Clock on Fridays? Naah, we have it every day!
- Are you a PlayStation fan? It gets fun when you get to beat your colleague on a FIFA game at the office!
- Unlimited snacks in our specially dedicated snack room. Oreos, KitKats, Gummy Bears, Chips, Biscuits, Nuts, Snickers ... you name it, we have it.