Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Team: Accounting & Finance
Role: Accounting Assistant
Mode: Full-time role
Founded in Hong Kong in early 2017, Respond.io is a Business Messaging platform that unifies customer communication for tech-savvy organizations that market, sell and support across instant messaging, web chat, and email. We are one messaging platform for various use cases like marketing purposes, sales, support, and engineering.
We are looking for an Accounting Assistant to perform daily accounting tasks that will support our Accounting Team. We are seeking a detailed-oriented individual who can be in charge of bookkeeping and managing the Company’s equipment.
- Assist in preparing a full set of accounts including AR, AP & GL, or any other accounting ledgers following proper respective compliance.
- Own end-to-end process of monthly closing and account reconciliation.
- Liaise with the external agent in matters relating to audit, tax, and company secretary where needed
- Maintain and manage data and information on government statutory platforms
- Monitor and track claims or expenses per internal policy
- Understand and perform tasks related to payroll management, which includes statutory obligation
- Handle end-to-end administration and maintenance of the Company’s hardware equipment
- Work closely with other internal stakeholders and the HR department when needed
- At least 1 year of working experience in the accounting field or a similar context
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Familiarity with using Microsoft and accounting and budgeting software (e.g. Quickbooks Online and Xero).
- Perform work accurately and in a time-efficient manner, with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow through
- Good communication skills in English with an ability to clearly explain complex ideas verbally and in writing;
- Nimble and agile team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
Here's what's in for you
- You will become part of an amazing culture with smart teammates who actually care
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
- Pizza parties, birthday cakes, social events (Laser tag, go-cart, paintball), you'll always be looking forward to it!
- Beer O'Clock on Fridays? Naah, we have it every day!
- Are you a PlayStation fan? It gets fun when you get to beat your colleague on a FIFA game at the office!
- You'll get to experience a very competitive compensation
- You'll be covered exclusively on one of the highest medical and dental insurance especially for you
- Unlimited snacks in our specially dedicated snack room. Oreos, KitKats, Gummy Bears, Chips, Biscuits, Nuts, Snickers ... you name it, we have it.
- You'll be entitled to stock options with terms and condition
- Flexible working environment and working hours