Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Mode: Full-time role
Founded in Hong Kong in early 2017, Respond.io is a Messaging CRM that provides businesses with the tools needed to chat with customers across several messaging apps.
At Respond.io, Accounting Operations is pivotal to our company’s success. We are seeking a detailed-oriented individual that is ready to be part of our Accounting Team in charge of the day-to-day operation of the overall accounting function in our company. You will also be assisting in other administrative and financial functions from time to time. This role will allow you to work closely with the founding team to give you the exposure of understanding digits from a bird's view of the business.
- To prepare a full set of accounting including account receivables, account payable & general ledger or any other accounting ledgers following proper respective compliance.
- Own end-to-end process of monthly closing and account reconciliation.
- To assist in the preparation of accurate and timely monthly financial and accounting reporting.
- Overseeing and be responsible for finalization of statutory auditing, tax returns, ensuring compliance and corporate tax payment, reporting, and other secretarial and tax requirements.
- Assist in the monthly payroll process and prepare monthly management reports.
- Assist in year-end audit reporting and other similar reporting as and when needed.
- Liaise with external auditors, company secretary, tax consultant, vendors, and other regulatory bodies.
- Support Investor relationship initiatives and preparations of fundraising reports and forecasting.
- Assist the CEO to prepare monthly and quarterly business performance report to be submitted to investors.
- Other ad-hoc administration duties whenever needed.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree/Professional Degree in Finance/Accountancy/Banking or equivalent.
- Familiarity with accounting and budgeting software (e.g. Quickbooks Online and Xero).
- Professional qualification from any recognized body (ACCA, CPA, ICAEW, etc) is an added advantage.
- At least 2 Years of working experience in the audit/accounting field.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly with a good attitude.
- Hustler personality & has the mindset of aiming high.
- Ability to provide an explanation, analysis, and recommendation with problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong initiatives and drive to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Nimble and agile team player with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
Here's what's in for you
- You will become part of an amazing culture with smart teammates who actually care
- You will grow more here than you would anywhere else, that is a promise
- Pizza parties, birthday cakes, social events (Laser tag, go-cart, paintball), you'll always be looking forward to it!
- Are you a PlayStation fan? It gets fun when you get to beat your colleague on a FIFA game at the office!
- You'll get to experience a very competitive compensation
- You'll be covered exclusively on one of the highest medical and dental insurance especially for you
- Unlimited snacks in our specially dedicated snack room. Oreos, KitKats, Gummy Bears, Chips, Biscuits, Nuts, Snickers ... you name it, we have it.
- You'll be entitled to stock options with terms and condition
- Flexible working environment and working hours
- Beer O'Clock on Fridays? Naah, we have it every day!